EMPLOYEE AND CANDIDATE PRIVACY NOTICE
The Company is committed to complying with applicable regulations on personal data protection. To achieve this, it has introduced both at an organisational and a technical level, procedures and policies which guarantee a suitable level of data protection by virtue of prevailing legislation including but not limited to the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Data Protection Act 2018 from the UK, and any other privacy laws and regulations applicable to the international transfer of personal data.
It is important that you read this in addition to any other Privacy Notice that is provided. This is to inform you of how and why we are using such information. What we will process about you will vary depending on your specific role and personal circumstances.
This Notice does not form part of any contract of employment or other contract to provide services. This Notice can be updated at any time, and we will inform you if this occurs.
2. DATA CONTROLLER
Identity: Euronet Worldwide, Inc. (hereinafter, the “Company”)
Address: 7th Floor North Block
55 Baker Street
Email address: email@example.com
3. PURPOSES, LAWFULNESS AND TYPE OF PROCESSING
Our purpose for processing your personal data is to either assess your suitability for a role in our Company or to manage your working relationship with us.
Only those personal data that are strictly necessary to comply with the different legal and/or contractual obligations of the Company will be processed unless you have given us your express and informed consent for further processing.
We will use Personal Data and any other additional data that might be required, either during the selection process or during your working relationship with us, for the purposes established below:
4. HOW DO WE OBTAIN YOUR PERSONAL DATA
All the personal data the Company process is obtained as follows:
- Provided by you directly
- Obtained by third parties during the selection process, solely for professional purposes. In no case shall data unrelated to the professional life of the candidate and/or employee be obtained from social media and/or third parties
You will be informed at all times of the different data we process and how you may exercise your rights to access, limit or erase the personal data we process about you.
When your personal data has not been directly provided by you, the Company ensures you will be informed of the processing to be carried out, the type of data to be processed as well your rights within a reasonable time period after obtaining the personal data.
5. STORAGE PERIOD
Your personal data shall be kept for a period not exceeding 10 years after your working relationship is over and as long as it is necessary for the Company to comply with all its legal obligations.
We will retain your personal information for the duration of the recruitment process and for a maximum of two (2) years, or for the length of any applicable limitation period for claims which might be brought against us later. We might retain your data for an additional period of two (2) years upon your explicit consent.
In relation to the purposes for which you have express your specific consent, such as the processing of images or emergency contact details, your personal data shall be kept for a period of no longer than one (1) year from the termination of the contractual relationship.
In relation to the purposes that include a recording for security purposes and for access to the installations, your personal data shall be stored for a period of no longer than thirty (30) days from the date they were collected.
In regard to any purpose related to the prevention of occupational risk prevention management, your personal data will be stored for a period of no longer than five (5) years as from the termination of the contractual relationship.
6. SHARING PERSONAL DATA
6.1 With any Euronet Group Company
The Company may share your personal data to any Euronet Group Company (more information at: www.euronetworldwide.com) for the following purposes:
- Internal administrative purposes;
- Inclusion in professional development programmes;
- Management and global planning of human resources;
- Creation of a global base of employees and executives;
- Compliance with legal obligations of the Euronet Group.
The legal basis for this type of communication between group entities is legitimate interest. For more information on this processing and communication you can email the DPO at firstname.lastname@example.org.
6.2 With Third Parties
The Company may share your personal data with any third party that provides the Company and/or any Euronet Group company with services provided that said notification is necessary to comply with the different legal and/or contractual obligations of the Company.
On an informative basis, but not limited thereto, your personal data may be communicated to:
- Training companies;
- Security companies;
- Companies that provide employee benefits (e.g., lunch vouchers);
- Company trips and/or for relocations;
- Public authorities, State Public Employment Service, Social Security, etc.,
- Recruitment companies.
7. INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS
The Company, to the extent possible, shall endeavour to use service providers that are located in the European Economic Area (“EEA”), so that your data are not transferred to third parties outside of the EEA or, in the event that you are outside of the EEA, your data will be processed in the country of origin to the extent possible.
However, the communication of your personal data between Euronet group companies may imply the international transfer of your personal data. To this end, the Company guarantees that these communications comply with all legal requirements and obligations established in applicable regulations at all times.
In addition, necessary security measures have been adopted to ensure your personal data are correctly safeguarded.
You are entitled to request access, update, modify and limit the use of your personal data stored on Company systems. A request to exercise your rights must be accompanied by a copy of an official document that identifies you (National ID card, driver’s licence, or passport), in order to verify your identity.
To exercise any of your rights pursuant to the provisions of applicable regulations on data protection you may send a request by contacting the Euronet Data Protection Officer at the following email address: email@example.com. You may also exercise your right by mail addressed to Euronet Worldwide, Inc, 7th Floor North Block, 55 Baker Street, London, W1U 7EU, United Kingdom
Employees are entitled to:
- Request access to all personal data stored by the Company on the specific owner of the data along with related information including for personal data processing purposes, the recipients or categories of recipient with which the personal data have been shared and the existence of automated decision making;
- Obtain the rectification of the personal data requested without delay;
- Request that your personal data be erased where the Company no longer needs to comply with any legal obligation in compliance with prevailing legislation, or for the establishment, exercise or defence of a legal right;
- In certain circumstances, prevent or restrict the processing of your personal data unless this processing is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of a legal right; and
- In certain cases, request the portability of your personal data directly from a third party when this is technically viable.
In addition, you are entitled to present a claim to the Information Commissioner’s Office, whose details can be found via www.ico.org.uk.